Monday, March 3, 2008

Presto Chango



Remember that pink yarn I dyed a little while back? Well, I turned it into a baby sweater. It is really pretty and cute and everything I imagined it would be.

The pattern is Presto Chango by Valerie Wallis. It's quick, fun, and surprisingly easy, even for a novice knitter such as myself. I haven't knit anything more challenging than a scarf before this, so, that should give you an idea of how experienced I am. But my attitude toward knitting changed somehow this year, otherwise I wouldn't have attempted this little garment.

If I make another one, I will shorten the sleeves by three stitches on each sleeve. I might also decrease the width of the back by four stitches, but I dunno. I'm also going to make a hat out of the same yarn and, if there is enough left, a pair of booties.

I don't know how that flip from "knitting is bad" to "knitting is good" got switched in my brain, but I am even going to attempt to make an adult-sized sweater for myself. I have the pattern picked out and I'm waiting on the yarn I ordered to arrive.

Yes, this is the year I become a real fiber artist. Spinning and dying my own yarns and then actually using them! I thrill me.

No comments: